He's in the toddler bed. He's sleeping. We have, however, learned some things already.
#1-Do not cook popcorn, or other easily burned substances the first night your child is in a toddler bed.
The smoke detector went off. (Just for the record, I did not actually burn anything, our smoke detector is absurdly sensitive. It regularly goes off because the OVEN IS ON.) A few minutes later, I can hear him knocking at his door and babbling. I waited a few minutes, then went in to check. I just had to help him back into bed (he was trying to get in as I opened the door). He didn't even protest.
#2-Do not fall asleep on the couch that is directly below your child's room during the bed transition time.
I was watching Anchorman, half asleep, when I heard an ungodly thump above me. I nearly had a cardiac incident. He didn't seem to wake up, so I waited until my movie was over before I went upstairs. I found him sound asleep on the floor next to the bed. Put him back in, covered him up-still asleep.
So we're doing okay with the toddler bed thing right now. The Spaghetti Dad is afraid that this will lead to the boy waking up earlier, but I don't think so. Please hope that I am right. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment