Saturday, April 5, 2008

Don't hate, appreciate!

Oh man, I miss Jenny Jones. Those were the good old days. Anyway...
I have been doing a lot of reading about breastfeeding and motherhood these days (imagine that, eh?) and I just want to throw out a plea to the women of the interwebs.

BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Seriously, women need to lay off one another. I don't know why bitches are so mean, but don't deny it, we are. I am guilty of it from time to time, and am thoroughly ashamed of myself for every instance. It starts so early too. Girls can be bullies, and I remember being a victim of a few back in the day. And it continues through high school (here I was probably guilty of a bit of bullying...I suck), and right into motherhood. We can judge each other over everything--not breastfeeding, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, letting your kids cry it out, what kind of diapers we use, being too materialistic, being too "crunchy" and on and on and on.
If there is ever a time in your life when you need the support of other women, and not their freaking judgment, it's when you are a mom. Every second can be fraught with anxiety about whether you are a good mom, and the last thing we should have to worry about is whether other people believe we're doing a good job, or the "right thing."

That is all. I promise the next post will be about something cute or precious SpaghettiMan did...but in the meantime, enjoy the cuteness:

No comments: